Note: CEDRO shall not provide content. Through this service, the User acquires a licence for a specific use of a work that can be legally accessed.
1. Subject to the payment in full of the licence and the compliance of the terms and conditions of the same and of the Terms and Conditions herein, CEDRO grants a non- exclusive and non-transferable licence for the specific uses and purposes defined by the User in the licence acquisition process. Uses:
2. It is expressly forbidden to use and distribute the works of CEDRO’s repertoire for purposes and uses other than those listed in the licence document.
3. The reproduction of the works and making the same available, which are subject to the authorization granted under the licence, must be carried out with absolute respect to the authors’ moral right, which CEDRO expressly reserves.
4. All licences, once issued, are final. Consequently the User shall not be entitled to cancel the license and shall not be reimbursed. If full payment is not received within the agreed deadlines, any licence issued shall be automatically deemed as revoked and must be cancelled, as if it had never been granted.
5. The acquired licence may not be sublicensed, assigned or transferred by the User to any third party.
6. Termination: In the event that the User breaches the terms and conditions and/or limits of the signed licence, the same shall be automatically be treated as void. The reproduction under a void licence, as well as the reproduction exceeding the agreed uses, target, amount and limits, may be considered as an infringement of the copyrights represented by CEDRO and may be subject to legal proceedings.
7. Place of execution of the licence agreement: Madrid shall be deemed as the place of execution of the licence agreement.
1. The reproduction, in any case, shall be carried out of/from a work of licit origin, which has been obtained via legitimate access.
2. Digital copying shall be carried out in order to maintain the typographical features and the presentation of the edition, page by page. Therefore, the total or partial elimination, modification or alteration of the work in terms of its content and form, is prohibited.
3. Under no circumstances shall the distribution or the making available of fragments of different works be permitted so that the same constitute a unit or an abridgement.
4. The User is obliged to include a note, in an important place, where it can be easily seen, which contains the following:
a) The title of the work and name of the right holders, (author, publisher, translator,...) according to the credits page, year of publication, ISBN, or ISSN if it is a periodical publication and, if this is the case, its number.
b) A caption that reads: “This work is protected by copyright and its reproduction, distribution and public communication, by the making available modality, has been carried out with authorization from CEDRO. Any subsequent reproduction, distribution, adaptation and public communication, in any mean or form, which is not protected by Law or by this Licence requires express authorization, with the exception of a sole reproduction via printer for each authorized user”.
5. The User shall be obliged to provide any third parties to which the licensed works may be forwarded with the terms and conditions of use of the licence, and inform on the necessity of having a licence from CEDRO for any subsequent use (reproduction, distribution, public communication and adaptation) that may be requested of the documents forwarded to the third party by the User.
6. The User shall take all the effective means available to prevent the deletion or modification of the identification data of the digitally reproduced works, as well as its form and content.
7. At the termination of the validity of the signed licence, the User shall be obliged to delete the temporary or final computer files that contain the reproduction of the works carried out under the protection of the licence, so that no subsequent access to said files is possible.
8. The User shall inform CEDRO, as soon as possible, of any infringement which may come to his/her attention, in relation to the intellectual property rights of the works of CEDRO’s repertoire.
If the intention is to include the authorized material in an Intranet, the same must be protected with a password and be solely available for the number of licensed accesses.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by Spanish law.
CEDRO and the User, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction which could apply, submit themselves to the Jurisdiction of the Courts of the city of Madrid for any issues that may arise or actions taken deriving from the provision of the service of this Website, and of its services and contents, and relating to the interpretation, application, compliance or infringement of the established herein.